Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy August

Happy August!

Just wanted to check in and say "hi!" and see how everyone is doing!

I myself, just got back from a great trip to Las Vegas for the Wold IDEA Fitness Convention. This is an amazing event designed for fitness instructors and motivators from around the globe. We take classes on how to teach classes, design programs, check out the latest fitness gadget and toys, see what's happening in the world of fitness fashion, take from othe fitness instructors and generally get a years worth of education in one weekend. I was floored early this year to learn that I had been selected as one of the top 3 finalists for Fitness Instructor of the Year aside two amazing instructors...Fred Hoffman from Paris, France and Maureen Hagman of Canada! Wel/Users/chalene/Desktop/100_0790.JPGl, I didn't win, but I'm more than prepared to be the Susan Lucci of the Fitness Industry! Seriously, these are two very deserving, funny, humble, passionate and talented individuals. But I'm not above pulling a "Tonya Harding" if I have too.

From Vegas we flew to Michigan for 5 days of fun. Though I grew up (down state) my parents have semi-retired half of the year on a beautiful lake in Northern Michigan, Hubbard Lake, near Alpena. Of course Jenelle and my brother Bill were there too plus their spouses and my adorable little nephew Tyler!! We spent the days filled with jet-skiing, biking, running, swimming, water skiing, tubing, 4 wheeling, and of course Turbo-ing. A dear friend has opened a health club in Alpena.. the Bay Athletic Club at which of course she offers Turbo Kick classes. So, though it's nearly an hour drive to get there from the lake, Jenelle, I, Bret and my Mom made the trip 5 times to teach Turbo as a guest instructor. We also woke up early 5 a.m and drove in for the conclusion of a 4 week Bootcamp Class she offered that actually took the participants out of the club and onto a near by island via footbridge. There we ran the island, climbed stairs made of tree logs and raced to the finish! It was a total blast and I so enjoyed surprising people with our visit.

Here's Cierra foolin' around on the jet ski. She's a ham for the camera. I have no idea where she gets that. Brock shares an infinity for Chocolate with his mother. Here's the aftermath of 3 smore's.

I also stopped by Staples and bought my folks a wireless router so I could do my live chat last week. They're actually pretty technologically advanced! Staples was a riot. The young girl at the register looked up at me and said, "I just have to tell you... I love you. I do your videos everyday.... but WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Now mind you, this is a town that when a horse gives birth, it makes the evening news. It was darling.

The highlight of the whole trip was going to the tractor pull and motocross races at the Alpena County Fair. Having grown up in small towns, I'm not shocked by anything. To see a woman 200 pounds overweight, no teeth, eyes set wide apart, and a cigarette dangling from the mouth while she nurses her baby... not that big of a deal. But for City Boy Bret.... well, let's just say his mouth was hanging open! It was pure entertainment for him! Nothing like a county fair with the smell of barn animals, fried food, carnies! It's a great contrast for my kids who might otherwise think that Laguna Beach is the norm.

I am holding off on unpacking since I will be heading out again Monday to Philly....hello QVC! I will be on twice at 4am PST and also 6pm PST. Please tune in! I've got some new faces coming along with me. Several of the gals who take my live classes here in Orange County and who have totally transformed their bodies will be along for the ride! They are all currently dousing themselves in self-tanner (man that stuff stinks...but it's better than skin cancer!) I can't wait for your to see their incredible results!

I can't wait to meet the many people who I understand are coming to Cali to spend some quality time with me and the crew next week! It means a lot to me that you would spend your hard earned dollars and time on this event. I will do everything in my power to make this a life changing event in a sense far further reaching than fitness alone!

Lastly, a big thank you to everyone who motivates, encourages and "happy dances" for those who need it on the Turbo Jam message boards. Thank you for your positive energy! I read all of your posts here. Some make me smile...they all make me feel like a million bucks and happy to have found people who I have so much in common with! You Frickin' Rock!


Take Care! I'll post photos shortly!


XOXO
Chalene

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great treat for the members in Alpena! Glad you were able to get in some days of "rest"... haha doesn't really sound liked you stopped to rest.

Laura.J

KellyC said...

I'm not sure how you get everything done in a day . . . do you have an extra couple of hours per day in California???

Anonymous said...

Chalene when I read your blog, I just feel the excitement of your words. It is a joy to read.

LOL! I can imagine how the girl at Staples felt because I would have been starstruck as well. I am sure that is how I'll feel when I see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Chalene, thank you for sharing your lives with us. You created such a visual with your description of the people at the state fair.

I will be one of those who will tune into your QVC appearances. Yours is the only program that has worked for me. In addition to completely re-shaping my body, Turbo Jam has given me more confidence than I've ever had in my life. Your program is more than just fitness...it goes much deeper than that.

Have a great time at Camp Turbo Kick, and post details as soon as you can!

ellen said...

Kellyc, from here, california has three more hours in their day than us ;) but still just HOW does she do it??!!

Chalene, thanks for the great post here and on the boards, you are truly an inspiration to many..

thank you, its going to be great to meet you and the gang.

jarejil said...

Sure hope my cousin Janis was able to catch a Turbo with you in Alpena!! I keep telling them how much energy you give off, and having Jenelle with you???? The place had to be BURNING UP!!!

irish_robbie said...

The only thing I hate in life is...

Carnies!

Small Hands and they smell like Cabbage!


4 more sleeps!!!!

irish_robbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're coming to Philly tomorrow!!!!! I wish I would just run into you somewhere to tell you how much you've inspired me and changed my life! Thank you so much for all that you are!

Anonymous said...

Chalene, Was so excited to read your latest info! As Robbie says "Four more sleeps" til camp! I'm so looking forward to this fun fun time! I love Turbo and can't wait to meet you and say thanks! See ya real soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I was in upper Michigan last week as well, in Marquette. I'm not sure how close that is to where you were, but had I known you were there teaching classes, I so would have made the drive. Instead, I was there doing my Turbo Jam DVDs! I would have died and gone to heaven to take your class. Maybe next summer!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chalene,
My name is Tess and I just purchased Turbo Jam. My goal is to get back in shape so I can ride my horses better (I can't seem to find my seat with the added weight) I just think it's great that you blog so that folks can see you are a real person with a family and challenges too. It motivates me to do better.

Blessings,
Tess
www.horsesouth.com

Janice said...

Chalene, you have a BLOG!!! Sweet! And so pink! :)

I just started Jammin' this week, with my 63 year old MOM no less!!! We both have a good 60 - 70 pounds to lose and loads of toning to do and we are pumped! I am so excited and I can't wait to have 'before' and 'afters' to show. Who knows - maybe one day you'll get an app from me to be a presenter!! WHOhooo! lol

For now, I'll just dance around at home and at work with this ditty popping out of my mouth periodically:

"l-l-l-ladies...."

"f-f-f-fellas.."

When I'm at home I do the ladies, and my 5 year old son pipes in with the 'f-f-f-fellas..!" Its a hoot!

Thanks a bunch Chalene! We love TurboJam!

Janice F.
Ellicott City, MD

Anonymous said...

You are just non-stop go Chalene! You are truly an inspiration for all of us young people. Such an angel, I know you've changed so many lives JUST through Turbo Kick and now after a year or so of this Turbo Jam craze...it's growing! Meeting movie/rock stars? Nah, I still say to this day that my ultimate dream is to take your class and meet you. You have no idea how much you've affected my life. Just on the verge of turning 18 and I've been in love with TKB for 2 1/2 years and even made it on as an instructor. Now my ultimate goal is complete when I finally get to sign the papers to teach at 24 hour fitness! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING SUCH AN AWESOME WORKOUT! I'll be doing this exercise till i'm in a wheelchair doing round 100 :P

Anonymous said...

Chalene, you are so awesome! It's amazing how you have changed so many people's lives, especially mine!! I would like to visit Orange County and go to one of your classes. I'm in Redondo Beach, CA on business and I would love to come see you. I have been doing Turbo Jam for a couple months and absolutely love it!! I'm going to call customer service and find out how to get there. Thanks, Michelle T.

Anonymous said...

Chalene---saw you on last night's QVC. I have to say, everyone looked great! But the host, as nice as he seems to be, kept talking over you! And during the girls' and call ins' testimonials! You didn't get to say enough about Turbo! Boo-hoo! Get some rest, camp isjustthisclose!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Chalene! I'm a fellow small-town girl (population 3000!) so I know exactly what you mean!!!

Will you be on QVC again anytime soon? I would love to see the program but didn't know about the last one!!

I've only been TJ'ing for 3 weeks but have lost 4 lbs. (46 more to go!!). I've finally found a healthy addiction thanks to you. I'm so grateful I was watching TV the day I saw the infomercial for TJ!

Candace H.

Anonymous said...

Dear Charlene,

I realized how fast your Turbo-Jam is growing. It has helped some people that I personally know and me as well , and I think it's great. How would you like to introduce the Turbo-Jam to the Persian community? I work with Pars which is a Persian TV channel. It is very popular among Persians, Afghans, and people from middle east.

I'm sure it is a great community to target.
Please give me a call, we can talk more about this and I can explain more about it.

sincerely,

Mojgan Yousefi
(818) 264-5935
healthyaim@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

CHALENE YOU ARE SO AMAZING. I DO YOUR TURBO JAM WORKOUTS EVERY SINGLE DAY THANK YOU

Kim Taylor said...

Sajah, did you know there is an AMAZING TurboKick instructor in Toronto???? He's gold baby, gold. Scroll up in the comments and check out irish_robbie!!! :D

Kim Taylor said...

Ooooh and to the dear Chalene, thank you for reminding me that every minute counts!!! :D Life is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Chalene,
I am very interested in becoming a fitness instructor with turbo jam. What exactly do I need to do?

CHRISTINE DWYER said...

MICHELLE-Please email me if you are looking for a certification christinedwyer@turbokick.com
OR you can go on our website www.turbokick.com and click on the calendar. You will find the USA and all sorts of certs set up. All you need to do is REGISTER and attend...then you'll get certified! =)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I just purchased Turbo Jam Max. I love it and can't stop doing it. Thank you so much for creating Turbo Jam.

Anonymous said...

I've missed your SUPER contagious NRG! I've recently come back to TKB in San Juan Cap after having two babies in the last two years! I'm in dire need of "R & R" and TKB is the trick and my release after a busy day chasing after a 2 year old and feeding a lil' 3 month old boy :) Love your Blog Spot. You LOOK truly AMAZING and are as darling as ever!